In Module One, you learned how the Constitution influences professional practice in criminal justice. In your Module Two discussion, you considered how the Constitution specifically relates to searching people’s cell phones. These activities will assist you as you begin to construct materials for a local initiative related to citizenship for Project One. In this activity, you will choose the Fourth, Sixth, or Eighth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and explain how this amendment impacts criminal justice professionals. Specifically, you will consider one issue related to the amendment.
First, review the Fourth, Sixth, and Eighth Amendments. Choose one to focus on.
Next, for the Fourth Amendment, review the following resource:
For the Sixth Amendment, review the following resource:
For the Eighth Amendment, review the following resource:
Reflect on specific ways these rights granted to citizens may be important to you as a professional in the criminal justice system (or to professionals in the system in general). Then, in the provided organizer, complete the following essential elements:
- In 100–150 words, summarize the amendment you chose. Be sure your summary includes the following:
- All rights given to citizens in the particular amendment
- Identify a real-world example of where citizens’ rights under the Bill of Rights may not be guaranteed.
- Clearly explain where citizens’ rights could conflict with the intention of criminal justice professionals to ensure safety.
- Identify three to five examples of how the specific rights given to citizens in your chosen amendment might potentially restrict the actions of professionals in the criminal justice system.
Specifically, the following rubric criteria must be addressed:
- Summarize the Fourth, Sixth, or Eighth Amendment.
- Explain a real-world example of where citizens’ rights could conflict with the intention of criminal justice professionals to ensure safety.
- Describe three to five examples of how the rights given to citizens might restrict the actions of professionals in the criminal justice system.
Guidelines for Submission
This assignment should be completed in the provided Module Three Assignment Template Word Document. Any references must be cited in APA format. Consult the Shapiro Library APA Style Guide for more information on citations.