In this unit, you will work on the first phase of your essay.
Your tasks for this week are as follows:
- Finalize the topic for your paper based on the topic you selected for the Discussion Board and the feedback your instructor and peers provided, or select one from the list below
- Should the U.S. government provide universal health care?
- Review the source in the Topic Bibliography on the topic that you discussed in Unit 1 Discussion Board 2.
- Locate a similar, credible source on the issue using the AIU Library and this Internet search tool, by conducting a key word search based on your research topic. Think about the evidence you find so that you can form an opinion.
- In addition, locate at least 1 element of multimedia (such as advertisements, social media, documentaries, and so forth) that supports the evidence. For assistance, review the following:
- Complete this worksheet to assist you in composing an opening paragraph for your essay. It should establish a thesis statement that reflects the essay’s overall claim and explain the importance of the selected topic. Be sure you support the claim with two reasons based on evidence, and include at least 1 quote from the sources that you assembled in Steps 2, 3, or 4. Explain the rationale for the selected quote(s).
- Prepare an APA-style Reference page that lists the source(s) used in the opening paragraph.
- Submit only the opening paragraph (double-spaced, in 12-point Times New Roman font, with in-text citations) and the APA-style Reference page for grading (please do not submit the entire worksheet).