Also in the attachment thers is example of the case too
A Model for Analyzing Cases
What is a case?
A written description of events and activities that have taken place in an organization.
Purpose of Case Analysis
- Apply theories to specific organizational problems.
- Develop analytical and problem-solving skills.
Approaches to Case Analysis
- Decision-maker approach
- Sort out information
- Propose solutions
- Evaluator approach
- Evaluate outcomes
- Propose alternative solutions
Preparation of written cases
- No absolutely right or wrong solution to a case problem.
- To present a coherent and defensible analysis.
Preparation for written cases
- A general reading
- Second time reading and notes taking on critical facts
- Information and data on
- attitudes and values,
- relative power and influence,
- the nature and quality of relationship
- The organization’s objectives and policies and functions.
Written cases analysis model
- Problem identification
- Identify the causes of the problem
- Alternative solutions
- Select the best alternative
- Implementation steps