Week 6 Question to Answer
Week 6 Questions
Symptoms & Withdrawal
Fill in the spaces provided with the most common examples and symptoms of substance-related disorders of which the nurse should be aware.
Symptoms of Use
Symptoms of Intoxication
Symptoms of Withdrawal
- What are the physical consequences of thiamine deficiency in chronic alcohol use
- Define tolerance as it relates to physical addiction to a substance?
- Describe two types of toxic reactions that can occur with the use of hallucinogens?
- What is substitution therapy?
- There is speculation that anorexia nervosa may be associated with a primary dysfunction of which brain structure?
- What is the level of body mass index (BMI) that is associated with the definition of obesity?
- Individuals with anorexia nervosa have a “distorted body image.” What does this mean?
- What physiological signs may be associated with the excessive vomiting of the purging syndrome?
- What medications have been implicated in the etiology of erectile disorder?
- Which physiological mechanisms contribute to sexual dysfunctions?