Write an in-depth response to each of the questions numbered below. Number your response with the question. Each response needs to be at least four sentences in length. Refer to “Writing Rubric” (in the Getting Started Module and the syllabus) for content and grammar guidelines. Upload your file into the dropbox folder.
After reading Chapter 13, “Violence, Victims, and Criminal Justice”, the web page entitled “Coping with Crime Victimization”, as well as “Criminal Justice Social Work”, and watching the videos, respond to these objectives:
- Identify and explain three specific current key issues in the criminal justice system.
- Go to Readings and read the link entitled “Criminal Justice Social Work”. Outline the various criminal justice settings and describe the social work roles and skills in each. Watch the video entitled, “Marsy’s Law”. Why is this law important to be passed in TN?
- From the textbook reading, explain how social workers can work with clients for prevention and rehabilitation of delinquent behavior including specific programs or techniques.
In addition to the readings and videos assigned for questions 1-3, watch/read the additional materials listed below and respond to the associated prompts:
- Watch the video entitled “Institutionalized: Mental Health Behind Bars”. Go to Readings and review the article entitled “Mental Health Problems of Prison and Jail Inmates”. Summarize the key findings for prisoners and limits for services to inmates with mental health needs
- Watch the video entitled “2017 NCBRW Theme Video”. Go to Readings and read the link entitled “Coping with Crime Victimization”. Identify the issues for victims of crimes and describe how social work can intervene to help.
- Watch the video entitled “What is Domestic Violence?” Outline and elaborate on the key points given about the dynamics involved with domestic violence.
- Watch the video “Treating Violence Like A Disease”. Summarize the main points he makes about his approach. What are your thoughts on this idea? Would it work?