A program budgetary needs assessment determines the financial needs of a small group or program in order to assist schools in allocating funds based on needs and priorities. A program budget review requires looking at key information about a program in order to develop a clear picture of how the program fits into the school’s continuous improvement plan.
Part 1: Budget Summary
For this assignment, to help familiarize you with budgets, analyze the budget of a small group at your site. If you cannot access a small group budget, you may utilize the “Small Group Sample Budget.”
In 250-500 words, write a summary of the budget that includes:
- A brief overview of the program or activity including its purpose, structure, and participants
- Current budget expenditures, including unexpected (unbudgeted) expenses
- Current budget revenue
- Non-budgetary resources required to operate and meet organizational goals (e.g., volunteers, facilities, large equipment provided by school or community)
- A description of how the budget is monitored, and the process of how unexpected adjustments are made to the budget
Part 2: Program Budgetary Needs Assessment Survey
Create an 8-10 question needs assessment survey in an online survey tool (e.g., Survey Monkey) that you would give to a program or small group leader on a school campus in order to analyze their program’s budgetary needs. You will be administering this needs assessment survey in Topic 2. Examples of possible small groups include special programs, clubs, after school activities, sports clubs, student activities, etc.
The needs assessment survey should address, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assessment of the current conditions or the group’s ability to achieve its stated goals or outcomes (e.g., what is working/strengths and what is lacking/areas of opportunity)
- Resources required to fulfill the operations of the group
- Wants and requests needed for the group
- Gaps that are affecting the performance of the group
Provide the link to your online needs assessment survey on the bottom of your summary.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite Technical Support Articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.