Organs in the human body function as part of an integrated group of structures known as organ systems. Examples of organ systems are as follows:
- Cardiovascular system
- Digestive system
- Musculoskeletal system
- Nervous system
- Excretory system
- Endocrine system
- Respiratory system
These organ systems are responsible for crucial processes necessary for sustaining life, often working together, interacting with other organs in a functional network that keeps the body in balance (homeostasis). When homeostasis (the normal functioning of organ systems) is disrupted, disease may develop, causing injury to the body or even death. Watch this video for help with completing the assignment.
- Choose 1 case study to explore a disease or organ malfunction:
- Click on the case study of your choice above to view the questions for that topic. Present your answers to the questions in the form of a 2–3-page paper.
- Utilize at least 2 credible sources to support the arguments presented in the paper. Make sure that you cite them appropriately within your paper, and list the references in APA format on your Reference page.
- Refer to your assigned textbook Concepts in Biology, Chapter 16.3: Circulatory and Respiratory Systems for help.
- Formatting guidelines: In accordance with APA formatting requirements, your paper should include Title and Reference pages; should be double-spaced; and should include a running head and page numbers. Your paper should be 2–3 pages in length, not counting the Title page, and Reference page.