Imagine that you are a contracts officer for the Department of Energy (DOE). You have been asked to review bids from contractors who have developed a new widget for saving the American public 25 percent on their energy bills. Once an award is made, the contractors will receive the contract, which includes provisions to minimize risks and define rights and obligations, from the Department of Energy. Review Federal Acquisition Review (FAR) 52.246-1 Contractor Inspection Requirements. Note: You may create and/or make all the necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.Write a 3–4 page paper in which you:
- Evaluate the importance of the standard default clause. As a contracts officer for the DOE, suggest two ways in which you could combine the standard default clause with the FAR’s delay provision for the protection of both parties to the contract. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Speculate on the impact that a contracting officer’s changes to the payment terms within the contract would exert upon both the government and the contractor. Next, suggest the most secure method for making a contractual change. Justify your response.
- As a contracts officer for the DOE, suggest two improvements that you would make to the inspection procedure in order to make the procedure more efficient. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow the SWS format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.