Here is where you will submit your Formative Assessment Report. Please use the template provided to write up your report.
You should have completed a collection of assessment data. The assessment should include:
1. Interest and Motivation Inventory
2. Spelling Assessment (Words Their Way) & possibly PAST/Phonics (Canvas)
3. Word Reading Fluency if applicable (Easy CBM)
4. Passage Reading Fluency (Easy CBM)
5. Multiple Choice Reading Comprehension if applicable (Easy CBM)
You can download the attached docx file and save as to write your report using the template.
A few pointers as you complete the report:
- For the Easy CBM results, give CWPM (correct words per minute) and GE (grade equivalent) in the descriptive analysis. Make sure to also list which versions you gave. Ex: 3.1
- Use professional, formal writing in your analysis.
- When completing the ILP chart, list the research-based strategy you are using.
- Remember you will focus on your student’s identified weaknesses in your ILP, but you must include something that addresses each of the 5 components of reading in your plan. This could be a quick opening activity or review or be part of the bigger lesson. Make sure to include an objective and assessment for it if you are listing it as addressed in the lesson.
- For any section on the form that is not applicable to your student, you can simply write N/A in that section. For example, it may not have been appropriate for you to complete the MCRC if working with a younger student. Or, the following are only included on the Upper Elementary Spelling Inventory: Reduced Vowels in Unaccented Syllables, Greek and Latin Elements, Assimilated Prefixes, and Feature Points, and you would just write N/A in those columns.
- Remove all of the directions from the report before saving to submit.
The attached document has a few examples from former students. Please note these samples are not perfect but intended to give you an idea of what is expected. You must still submit your own original work. Also, some of the assessments given may differ since this was a previous semester with a different textbook. Please note the format and some of the required information ahs been updated in the template you are to use.